The course covers different types of abrasive wheel, diamond blades, pre-use inspection to wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, fire control, regulations and correct selection of wheels together with the operation of the Hand Held Disc Cutter.
The Objectives of the Course are to train delegates to be able to:
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
- Select, store and mount abrasive wheels correctly and in line with the relevant health and safety regulation.
- Recognise hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and understand the precautions, which should be observed.
- Understand the markings of abrasive wheels with regards to type and speed,
- Inspect and test wheels for damage, wear and tear etc.
- Understand the functions of all major/minor components.
- Safely and correctly operate the Hand Held Disc Cutter.
This course can be delivered within our own training centre or at a customers own premises where suitable training facilities are available.