The course covers different types of abrasive wheel, diamond blades, pre-use inspection to wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, fire control, regulations and correct selection of wheels together with the operation of a Stihl Saw.
The Objectives of the Course are to train delegates to be able to:
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
- Select, store and mount abrasive wheels correctly and in line with the relevant health and safety regulation.
- Recognise hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and understand the precautions, which should be observed.
- Understand the markings of abrasive wheels with regards to type and speed,
- Inspect and test wheels for damage, wear and tear etc.
- Understand the functions of all major/minor components.
- Safely and correctly operate the Stihl Saw
This course can be delivered within our own training centre or at a customers own premises where suitable training facilities are available.