It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is aimed at persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Describe the duties of a Slinger
- Describe the duties of the Crane Controller (CC)
- Describe the terminology associated with crane working
- Have an awareness of the legislation regarding crane working
- Pre Use Inspection of various lifting accessories
- Use various lifting accessories to sling loads
- Demonstrate BS7121 hand signals
- Explain the work to the lift plan, as briefed by the CC
- Describe the action to be taken in the event of lifting accessories becoming defective
Candidates must hold current and valid Machine Controller OTP Core Competence.