City & Guilds ILM Leadership and Management - Level 5 Award
To ensure that all members of the management team are equipped with the correct tools to enable them to face the multitude of challenges that they meet on a day-to-day basis, whilst being accountable for driving motivation and achieving goals throughout their teams and the organisation. The ILM programme focuses on how to drive organisational performance through people by using effective leadership behaviours and innovation and change management techniques within the workplace.
This qualification is available as a concise Award, a broader Certificate or a very comprehensive Diploma. Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas:
- Working with people – a range of units including how to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage workers, build excellent customer relations
- Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing critical thinking
- Providing direction – such as leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives, and making strong and informed management decisions
- Facilitating innovation and change – for example, build a culture of continued improvement, and lead people through change
- Achieving results – such as managing for efficiency and effectiveness, and managing projects that get results
- Using resources – including managing facilities and managing information
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
This qualification is designed for department heads, project, middle and developing managers and will allow the development of skills and experience, improvement of performance and preparation for senior management responsibilities.
The Award can be undertaken as an independent qualification by aspiring and developing managers or as the first step to Certificate of Diploma by middle or senior managers.